1. Soul mates probably aren’t real and that’s okay.
Over the course of the next 10 years, you’ll find out that a lot of things you believed in also aren’t real. Friendships you thought were solid, family ties you believed were unbreakable, ideals you held that you believed to be absolute truth, dream jobs that turned out to be just another way to pay the bills… One thing I can tell you for certain that is real is the power for two people to prevail over anything as long as they’re committed to doing so. Two people who continually choose each other day in and day out, through all of the hard things… that’s something to believe in.
2. Probably don’t make fun of the Cowboys so much.
Also, if you could retroactively go back in time and avoid buying him that Romo jersey, you should do it. Season after season, he just wasn’t that good.
3. You married a very logical, straight-forward man who is a relentless problem solver.
4. The very thing that attracted you to him will be the very same thing that drives you insane sometimes.
And that goes both ways.
5. Once he’s committed, he’s totally committed (and then you are too).
Don’t casually mention that you’re thinking it might be time to look for a new vehicle unless you’re ready to have one in your driveway in the next 36 hours. Also, don’t mention a massive project that you want to take on unless you’re totally convinced you want to do it. He’s a problem-solver, remember?