DISCLAIMER, SITE USE, PRIVACY, & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- The Someday Home is written and created by me, Jessie Eby. I’m not a home renovation/craft/contractor/parenting/underwater basketweaving expert, I’m just a girl standing in the middle of a crappy house, asking it to not be crappy anymore. I blog to share my victories and failures, adn hope to inspire someone along the way. Once again for the folks in the back: I’M NOT AN EXPERT.
- I vow to never ever sell or share your email address or any of your contact info with outside companies, unless I get your permission first.
- I love and appreciate the time my readers take to comment on one of my posts. Most of the time, you will see your comment published the same day, but anonymous comments and ones with URLs attached are more heavily filtered by a plugin that saves me a little time and protects me from spammers. As the sole moderator for this site, any leftover comments that get past this plugin are pretty much left up to my discretion to approve. I’ll tell ya’ll the same thing I tell my kids every morning when I drop them off at school and daycare: be kind. If your comment is nasty, it won’t get published.
- Again, for anyone who didn’t hear me the first time: be kind. I can take a joke, and I’m not always the most politically correct person, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive.
- AGAIN: I’m not a professional. The projects I post are meant to inspire and generate ideas, but they are not fail-proof. I try to always reiterate this in my posts, but should I forget, I’ll say it again here: Safety is the #1 priority, so please do your research and make sure you’re complying with codes/best practices/general common sense. Definitely always check with your local utility authorities, homeowner’s association rules, etc. before you take on any major home renovation project. The Someday Home (and its writer) cannot be held responsible for your personal safety or the outcome of your projects. I am in no way liable for the outcome of your DIY undertakings.
- This site uses Google Analytics, so we do collect some personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies. Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with this site, it can be generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds. By default, WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users. However, this site does use Google Analytics, and we comply with “all applicable laws,” which in most cases will include laws implemented by the United States, Canada, European Union, and Australia.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
IMAGES, COPYRIGHT, AND LICENSING
- The Someday Home reserves the right to move, replace, or delete images or content without prior disclosure.
- All photos that aren’t taken by The Someday Home are credited and linked to an outside source. I will only use images I believe to be in public domain and readily available on the internet (published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act, title 17, U.S. Code).
- Photos not credited to an outside source have been taken by myself (Jessie Eby, The Someday Home, and @the.someday.home) and are protected. Failure to link back and credit this site as their source constitutes a copyright violation and subject to damages or licensing fees. Pinning which links back to the original content is always welcome. Individuals or non-brand affiliated blogs may use one of my images as long as a link back to the original post is clearly indicated near the image. I do not permit pinning of my photos from other sites (photos must have “no-pin” attributes). Eliminating or altering my watermarks, or adding text overlay to my photos is not allowed. Please contact me directly prior to utilizing my work in any collages or images designed to be used for Pinterest. I will allow this type of use only on a case by case basis and with express permission. Content originating from my site must always be linked directly to the original post/source on my blog. Please link with my site name “thesomedayhomesite.com” instead of vague titles such as “source”. Please do not copy or paraphrase my supply lists, instructions for tutorials, etc. as those were created strictly for use on this site and this site only. I welcome brands to contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on image use and sponsored collaborations related to my work.
- Occasionally, I will post content from other blogs or readers that have provided me with images or text. By sending me this information, you are granting The Someday Home permission to use it.
- Duplicating text written for The Someday Home hurts my Google page rankings because it’s considered to be repeat content. Please paraphrase or link to this site’s content instead of directly duplicating.
- I’m small potatoes still, so I’m not at the point of receiving any free stuff or discounts on cool things. However, if that ever does happen, or if I receive products to give away, I promise to fully disclose that information to you. The opinions expressed in this blog are 100% my own.
- In the same regard as the bullet point above, I link to online sources when sharing inspiration images, suggested products, or items I’ve shopped for. At this point in time, none of these sources contain affiliate links, but I promise that if they do, you’ll know about it. Affiliate links mean that purchases made from those links generate a small commission for me.
- In selecting sponsorship, I try to select only the kinds of companies offering goods or services related to the content that you’ll find on this site, and that which will appeal to my readers (i.e. home decor, home improvement, crafting, etc). However, I have no way of pre-screening each item that you may discover through this site. Purchases made through these linked affiliates must be handled between you and that vendor or company.
- I do not actually give away anything or mail prizes out for giveaways. I got tired of the Telephone Game when I was six, so I let the company who sponsors the giveaway be responsible for that. Therefore, when you win a giveaway, I provide the sponsoring company with your contact information, and the two of you handle the claiming of your prize from there. I cannot be held liable for any prize not received since I am not directly involved with shipment or delivery. Any issues involving the shipment, delivery, receipt, (or quantity, quality, etc.) of a prize must be taken up with the company who sponsored the giveaway directly.
- I do not yet, but hope to someday use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit this website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Jessie Eby. For questions about this blog, please contact thesomedayhome@ gmail (dot) com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash, sponsorship, products, or forms of service. Payments are accepted for the efforts of writing, photography, supplies, and time to create and edit content.
- The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or opinions made on this blog. Sidebar advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network.
- I hope to one day be compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics in individual articles. If such a sponsorship or compensation is received, it is disclosed as such within the article post. The views, findings, beliefs, experiences, and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- I don’t mind at all when fellow bloggers use their own affiliate or referral links in the comment section, but please note that in terms of this site and in keeping in line with third party affiliate policies, leaving a comment that contains referral/affiliate/monetized links is considered an “unsolicited commercial advertisement” As such, this serves as notification that I use plugins that sometimes replace these links with ones that have my own internal tracking system, which can and often do override the link’s original affiliate tracking
Wow. That was exhausting. But, now you know… so please go enjoy my blog and tell your friends!
Portions of this policy were provided by: disclosurepolicy.org